Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day













Happy 4th of July!!!

Every year for the past thirty years my family and all our friends celebrate the Fourth of July at Historic Fort Meigs, where battles in the War of 1812 were fought.  We all bring food and have a picnic/potluck while we wait for the fireworks to start.  Fort Meigs is one of the coolest sites that Northwest Ohio has to offer.  There is so much history here to learn, and throughout the year the park offers re-enactments from different periods of history.  I normally do not post this many photos but with so many cool spots I had a difficult time picking and choosing so I included most of them!  Now you'll have a small tour of the park :)

In other news, I am so happy I found this dress at Francescas!  Seriously - they have the cutest dresses for summer.  I was looking for red, white, and blue and how perfect that this dress has all three colors and has stripes!  It had to be bought.  Paired with my Lindsay Phillips anchor flats I'm rocking the patriotism this year!

I hope you all have a splendid and magical Fourth of July!!

Dress: Francescas
Shoes: Linsday Phillips
Necklace: LOFT (old)
Clutch: Coach
Bracelets: Kiel James Patrick, Brighton, Trollbeads

No comments:

Post a Comment