Monday, June 10, 2013

Walk by the Monuments










The town I grew up in is absolutely adorable.  In the summer the city comes alive with Farmer's Markets, historical events at Fort Meigs, outdoor dining at the local restaurants and pubs, parades, fourth of July festivities, etc. etc.  One of my favorite activities is to visit the farmers market in downtown.  All the cute shops open their doors and local farmers and businesses come out to sell local produce, flowers, jewelry, etc.  Afterwards, I love walking down to the river with my fresh raspberry lemonade in hand to look at the Commodore Perry and Civil War Veterans Monument that overlook the Maumee River, which has been such a special and calming spot since childhood. 

On a different note, I am completely in love with this maxi dress from JCrew Factory!  It is the most comfortable piece of clothing I own at the moment.  I'm pretty sure I could live in this everyday.  This particular day at the Farmer's Market was a bit chilly so I was happy I grabbed my trusty old jean jacket (one of the best buys ever!).  I recently found this fantastic chunky necklace at Francesca's which is rapidly becoming an unhealthy obsession because there are so many cute pieces at affordable prices!

I also want to point out that this is my bags first debut on the blog!  This beautiful gem has not left my side since her purchase.  It's my perfect bag in all aspects: size, color, weight, you name it!  It is highly recommended if you are a fan of satchels and medium size bags. 


Dress: Jcrew Factory
Jacket: LOFT (old)
Necklace: Francesca's
Handbag: Coach
Sunglasses: The Limited
Sandals: Sam and Libby for Target

No comments:

Post a Comment